According to IEC International Standards
The Electrical Installation Guide is a single document covering the techniques, regulations and standards related to electrical installations. It is intended for electrical professionals in companies, design offices, inspection organisations, etc.
This Technical Guide is aimed at professional users and is only intended to provide them guidelines for the defnition of an industrial, tertiary or domestic electrical installation. Information and guidelines contained in this Guide are provided AS IS.
This new edition has been published to take into account changes in techniques, standards and regulations, in particular electrical installation standard IEC 60364.We thank all the readers of the previous edition of this guide for their comments that have helped improve the current edition.
What’s new in version 2015
- Updated list of relevant IEC standards.
For example, the new standard IEC60364-8-1 “Low-voltage electrical installations – Part 8-1: Energy efficiency” published in October 2014
- New content about LED lighting: characteristics and particular constraints of LED luminaires, selection tables to choose the proper circuit-breakers and relays
- New content about Arc Fault Detection Devices (AFDD), as defined by new IEC 62606 (2013) and updated IEC60364-4-42 (November 2014)
- “Connection to the MV utility distribution network” chapter completely re-written and updated, with more detailed information about protection in electrical installations, including the introduction of service continuity classes.
- “MV and LV architecture selection guide for buildings” chapter partly re-written and including a description of the barycentre method, recommended by the new IEC 60364-8-1, to select the optimal location for the transformers and switchboards
- New content about the selection of busways (busbar trunking systems) in presence of harmonics
- Updated Energy Management architectures
Schneider Electric also thank the many people and organisations, to numerous to name here, who have contributed in one way or another to the preparation of this guide.
This guide has been written for electrical Engineers who have to design, realize, inspect or maintain electrical installations in compliance with international Standards of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC).
The aim of the present guide is to provide a clear, practical and step-by-step explanation for the complete study of an electrical installation, according to IEC 60364 and other relevant IEC Standards.
- Connection to the MV utility distribution network
- Connection to the LV utility distribution network
- MV & LV architecture selection guide
- LV Distribution
- Protection against electric shocks
- Sizing and protection of conductors
- LV switchgear: functions & selection
- Overvoltage protection
- Energy Efficiency in electrical distribution
- Power factor correction
- Harmonic management
- Characteristics of particular sources and loads
- Photovoltaic Installations
- Residential and other special locations
- EMC guidelines
Therefore, the frst chapter (B) presents the methodology to be used, and each chapter deals with one out of the eight steps of the study. The two last chapter are devoted to particular supply sources, loads and locations, and appendix provides additional information.
Special attention must be paid to the EMC appendix, which is based on the broad and practical experience on electromagnetic compatibility problems.
|Title:||Electrical Installation Guide 2015 – Schneider Electric|
|Download:||Right here | Get Download Updates | Get Technical articles|